We are pleased to announce the 1st Annual:
HAWAI’I PLTW STATE CONFERENCE
November 21, 2015
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
University of Hawai’i West Oahu Campus
The purpose of this event is:
- To support our PLTW schools in Hawai’i that are currently implementing our programs K-12 in computer science, engineering, and biomedical sciences.
- To inform prospective teachers, administrators, and community partners about PLTW Programs, Grant Opportunities, and Partnership Opportunities.
Schedule of Events
7:30 AM Registration Begins
8:00 AM Welcome and Introduction by University of Hawai’i President David Lassner
Morning Keynote Address
Vince M. Bertram, Ed.D.
Session 1: 8:50 – 9:50 AM
- PLTW Launch Program for Elementary Schools
- PLTW Gateway Program for Middle Schools and Highlights on Implementations in Hawai’i
- PLTW Partnerships – Creating an Ecosystem of Support for Students
- Chevron of Hawai’i – A PLTW Industry Partner in Engineering
- Project Lead The Way – An Overview
Session 2: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- PLTW High School Engineering – Overview and Highlights on Implementations in Hawai’i
- Navigating the PLTW Online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Biomedical Sciences – A Comprehensive K-12 Pathway
- Planning a PLTW Implementation & Grant Opportunities for Hawai’i
Session 3: 11:10 AM – 12:10 PM
- PLTW Launch and VEX IQ
- PLTW High School Biomedical Sciences
- PLTW Computer Science – A Comprehensive K-12 Pathway
- Developing PLTW Community Partnerships and Place-based Resources for Hawai’i
Rachel Boulay, PhD, Director of Education, Center for Cardiovascular Research, John A. Burns School of Medicine
Introduction by Ellie Vandiver, PLTW
SESSION DESCRIPTIONS & PRESENTERS
Subject to Change – Last Updated 11/15/15
Cost: $15 by November 9th
(After November 9th and Event Day Walk-ins $20)
Payment by cash or check upon arrival. Checks payable to UH West Oahu. Lunch and Refreshments Included. Walk-in’s are Welcome!
For questions on registration, please contact Heidi Arrington at 808-689-2303 or email@example.com.
For more information on Project Lead The Way, contact Diana Papini Warren at 808-281-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!