Last Updated on 5/5/16
Below here are the preliminary dates set by UH West Oahu for PLTW Core Trainings. All trainings, unless otherwise noted, will be offered on the UH West Oahu Campus.
*King Kamehameha Day Holiday Observed on 6/10
Elementary Launch Lead Teacher Trainings (2 Separate 3-Day Trainings on Oahu)
6/13-6/15 – FULL as of 5/5/16
6/16-6/18 – Space available.
Middle School Gateway
- Design and Modeling 6/6-6/9 & 6/11* (1 Five-Day Training)
- Automation and Robotics 6/13-6/17 (1 Five-Day Training)
- Medical Detectives – Coming Summer 2017
- Introduction to Computer Science 6/20 -24(1 Five-Day Training)
High School Engineering
- Introduction to Engineering 6/20-7/1 (1 Ten-Day Training)
- Principles of Engineering 6/20-7/1 (1 Ten-Day Training)
High School Computer Science
- Introduction to Computer Science 6/20 -24 (1 Five-Day Training)
- Computer Science Principles – Coming Summer 2017
High School Biomedical Sciences
- Principles of Biomedical Science 6/6-6/9, 6/11, 6/13-6/17* (1 Ten-Day Training)
These events will be hosted by UH West Oahu but will be located as follows:
- Maui – Elementary Launch Lead Teacher Training – July 7, 8, 9 at UHMC
- Hawai’i Island – Elementary Launch Lead Teacher Training – July 11,12,13 at NHERC in Honoka’a
PLTW will be hosting the following Training on Maui:
PLTW Middle School Gateway – Design & Modeling Core Training – July 11-15
A 5-Day Training at Kamehameha Schools Maui Campus in Pukalani
Procedure for Registering for PLTW Training:
DOWNLOAD the NEW PLTW Implementation PLANNING Guide:
Next Steps in Brief:
1. Ensure you or your administrator has had a conversation with the Director of School Engagement for Hawai’i and/or your District/School is Registered with PLTW.
2. Complete the PLTW Online Readiness Training* (AFTER MARCH 15th.).
3. Register for PLTW Core Training.
4. Reach out to the Affiliate Host ( UH West Oahu) or PTLW to confirm that you are fully registered in order to secure your space.
*There is no longer a requirement to download then upload certificates during registration, however participants should have certificates to present on Day 1 of training.